SSC Stenographer 2020 Exam: Important Points to know Exam Date, Exam Pattern, Salary Structure for Steno, Eligibility criteria, Selection Procedure & previous year cut-off list
Check out SSC Stenographer exam date, Exam Syllabus, Salary, Exam Pattern & Eligibility Criteria
SSC – Staff Selection Commission of India is going to publish the notification regarding SSC Stenographer 2020 Grade C and D Recruitment. The exam is supposed to be scheduled in the month December 2020, For which the application forms will be out in August 2020. The minimum qualification required for is 12th passed from a recognized government body.
Eligible candidates can apply for the recruitment at the official website ssc.nic.in before September 2020. The mode of exam for stenographer is online.
All the details of Official Notification Stenographer Grade C & D are given below candidates can go through this article to know more.
- Check out SSC Stenographer exam date, Exam Syllabus, Salary, Exam Pattern & Eligibility Criteria
- Important dates
- Vacancy Distribution Grade Wise
- Eligibility criteria to get qualified
- Age Relaxation Criteria
- SSC Stenographer 2020 Application Form
- Syllabus for Grade C & D Exam,2020
- Exam Pattern for Grade C & D 2020
- Selection Process
- Admit Card
- Salary Structure
- Results 2020
|Notification Release for||04th August, 2020|
|Application Start Date||04th August, 2020|
|Application Last Date||03rd Sept, 2020|
|Exam Date 2020||01-03 Dec, 2020|
|Result Declaration Date 2020||To be Announced|
Vacancy Distribution Grade Wise
The actual number of confirmed vacancies for Stenographer post will be published with the official notification of SSC Steno, however, we can have a look at the last year’s vacancies.
Vacancy distribution is tabulated below for Stenographer recruitment 2019-20.
|SSC Steno Grade-C||1276|
|SSC Steno Grade-D||429|
Eligibility criteria for SSC Stenographer
Eligibility requirements for stenographer are as follows.
Educational Qualification Required
Candidates should have passed the 12th class examination successfully from a recognized government body/University/Board to be eligible for SSC Steno post.
- Candidates with Indian Nationality/Citizenship can apply for the SSC Steno exam.
- Candidates with Nepal Nationality/Citizenship can apply.
- Candidates with Bhutan Nationality/Citizenship can apply.
- Tibetan refugees can also apply if they come with the intention to stay in India.
- Indian migrated people in Burma, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, and East African Countries are also eligible to apply for the Recruitment 2020.
Age Limit Requirement ssc stenographer 2020 exam
- For Grade-B, the age of the candidate should have in between 18 to 30 years
- For Grade-C, the age of the candidate should have in between 18 to 27 years
- Candidate belongs to reserved categories can avail age relaxation as tabulated below
SSC Steno Age Relaxation Criteria
|PWD (SC/ST)||15 years|
|PWD (unreserved)||10 years|
|PWD (OBC)||13 years|
|Ex-servicemen||03 years after deduction of military service|
rendered from the actual age as on closing date of receipt of online application
|Candidates from Jammu & Kashmir||5 years|
|Widows/Divorced/Separated Women||35 years|
|Widows/Divorced/Separated Women (SC/ST)||40 years|
SSC Stenographer 2020 Application Form
Once the SSC board announces the new exam date for Grade C & D Exam, the application process will start around one month prior to the exam date. Candidates can apply for the SSC steno post via the staff selection commission online application form.
The online application link will be mentioned here once SSC starts the online application process.
Application Fee Required
- The application fee for candidates belongs to the GENERAL category is Rs. 100/– for the Exam
- Candidates who belong to ST/SC/PWD/Ex-servicemen as well as for Female candidates are exempted for fees and don’t need to pay any fees for the Exam.
How to Apply for SSC Stenographer exam 2020?
- Step 1: First of all click on the official link provided above to apply for the SSC steno.
- Step 2: After clicking on the above link, a new window will open with a registration link, click on the new registration.
- Step 3: Fill the registration form with all required information such as your name, parent’s name, Date of birth, living address, contact number, and E-mail ID.
- Step 4: After filling all details click on Register. After successful registration candidates will get a registration ID for Grade – C and Grade – D exam.
- Step 5: Log in with the Registration Id just provided and date of birth and password to complete the application form.
- Step 6: Candidate needs to provide/ upload all requested educational documents and a passport-sized photograph with a signature.
- Step 7: After completely filling the application form candidates should preview it and check all the details carefully to avoid any mistakes in the application form.
- Step 8: After checking the form candidate can take a print out of the form for future reference and click on the submit button to submit the application form.
- Step 9: Candidates have to pay the application fee of Rs. 100/- as an Application Fee, it can be paid online or offline whichever comfortable for the candidates.
SSC Stenographer Syllabus for Grade C & D Exam
The Syllabus of Stenographer exam Grade C and D are explained below section-wise and in detail for a better understanding of the candidates.
Syllabus Stenographer-Written Exam
#1 General Intelligence & Reasoning
- Relationship, arithmetic computation, analytical functions of abstract ideas & symbols
- Similarities and differences
- Non-verbal series
- Problem Solving
- Arithmetic reasoning
- Space Visualization
- Relationship concepts
- Visual Memory
- Verbal & Figure Classification
- Arithmetical number series
- Discriminating observation
- Abstract ideas & symbols
- Decision Making
#2 English Language
- Phrase Replacement
- Parts of Speech – Noun, Pronoun, Verb, Preposition, Conjunction
- Active and Passive Voice
- Direct and Indirect Speech
- Basic English Grammar & sentence structure
- Cloze Test
- Phrases and Idioms
- Antonyms and Synonyms
- Spotting errors
- Sentence Correction
- Comprehension Reading
- Para jumbled
- Fill in the Blanks
#3 General Awareness
- Indian Geography – Soil in India, Indian Crops, Farming and Irrigation in India, Indian Rivers, etc
- Science and Technology
- Books & Authors
- Indian Politics
- India and World Economics Scenes
- Awards and Honours
- Art and Culture
- Government Policies and Schemes
- Indian Economy
- Events and affairs of National and International Importance
- Indian Neighboring countries Sports
- Indian Constitution & Scientific Research
- Countries, Currencies, and Capitals
- Indian History – Indian Independence Movement, Mughal Empire
Syllabus for Shorthand-Skill Test
- 100 words per minute w.p.m for Grade – C Stenographer’s post
- 80 words per minute w.p.m for Grade – D Stenographer’s post
Exam Pattern for Grade C & D 2020
SSC Boards Grade C and D exam mainly divided into two stages: Written Test and Skill Test. The written test is an objective type test which consists of MCQs, the Written Test will be conducted online.
Candidates passed in written test will appear for the Shorthand Skill Test
Written Test or Tier 1 Exam
The basic structure of SSC Grade C and D is as follows.
Time duration for SSC Stenographer Written Test is 2 Hours
|Section||No. of Questions||Marks|
|English Language & Comprehension||100||100|
|General Intelligence & Reasoning||50||50|
Negative marking will be there 1/4th of marks will be deducted for every wrong answer.
Shorthand Skill Test or Tier 2 Exam
The shorthand skill test is the main test where a paragraph is dictated and candidates have to transcript it in minimum possible time. The shorthand Skill test is conducted on both Computers and paper.
10 Minutes Dictation in English/Hindi (Sec-1)
- For Grade C – 100 words per minute/ w.p.m
- For Grade D – 80 words per minute/w.p.m
In its first section, a paragraph dictated at 800 to 1000 words per minute w.p.m to candidates
Transcription of the Dictation on Computer (Sec-2)
- For Grade C – 40 Min (English), 55 Min (Hindi)
- For Grade D – 50 Min (English), 65 Min (Hindi)
Selection Process SSC Stenographer
There are two stages of the SSC Steno exam conducted separately by the staff selection commission first one is the Written Test and the second one is the Shorthand Skill test
Both the test are important and it is necessary for the candidate to successfully qualify for both the test in order to get an appointment letter for the post of SSC Steno 2020.
SSC Stenographer Admit Card
After successful completion of the application process, Admit cards will be provided by the Staff Selection Commission to the registered candidates for SSC Stenographer 2020 exam, written exam. Candidates who successfully crack the written exam can appear for the skill test. A separate admit card will be issued for the skill test.
SSC Stenographer Salary Structure
The salary structure for SSC Stenographer 2020 is included in the official notification. Grade C and Grade D salary structure are as follows.
|Specification||Grade C||Grade D|
|Pay Band||4200 or 4600|
SSC Stenographer Results 2020
The SSC Stenographer 2020 Exam Result will be declared on the official site of the Staff Selection Commission of India. In the first stage, the SSC exam results will be published for the written test which is nothing but an objective type test, Candidates who successfully pass the written test only are eligible for the skill test and the final result will be published for the skill test.
Candidates from Bangladesh can also check for ssc examination results Bangladesh
What is an SSC Stenographer post?
It is a central government job post and the recruitment is organized by the SSC – Staff selection commission of India.Currently, SSC is hiring for the post of Grade C and Grade D
What is the salary of SSC Steno 2020?
SSC Steno Grade C & D falls under the pay scale of 9300-34800 and 5200-20200 respectively.
And the salary is Rupees 5200 – 14500 /- per month initially.
I am a citizen of Bhutan. Can I apply for this exam?
Yes, people from Bhutan, Nepal, and Tibetan refugees can sit for the exam if they came with the intention to stay here.
Is there any provision for physically challenged candidates in exams for extra time?
Yes, Physically Challenged candidates will get extra 40 minutes to complete the exam.
How to become an ssc stenographer?
1. Candidates should have passed the 12th class examination successfully from a recognized government body/University/Board to be eligible for the SSC Steno post.
2. The Age of the candidate should be between 18 to 30 years as on 1st January 2020, to be eligible for the exam.
What is the job profile of SSC Steno?
SSC Stenographer Job Profile: A stenographer is a person working in a courtroom or any other government’s legal place. The job of steno is to transcribe spoken words by typing them into a steno machine, a kind of shorthand typewriter.